Importance of Vitamin D During a Workout
Your diet needs to include fish oils, cheese, eggs yolks or milk to get the Vitamin D it needs to support bone health. Strong bones help you avoid injury from working out. Most people can get Vitamin D by being outside in the sun for just 15 minutes each day but some people have a deficiency. Your doctor can do a simple blood test to see if you are at risk for a deficiency.
Vitamin D deficiency can lead to osteoporosis in adults or rickets in children.
Too much vitamin D can make the intestines absorb too much calcium. This may cause high levels of calcium in the blood. High blood calcium can lead to calcium deposits in soft tissues such as the heart and lungs. This can reduce their ability to function.
Kidney stones, vomiting, and muscle weakness may also occur if you have too much vitamin D.
One 30 minute workout per week. That is it. It works. Call us at (281) 419-3900 or email us today to experience effective personal training.
One 30 Fitness Blog
- What is the Importance of Strength Training?
- Importance of Vitamins During a Workout ( 6 of 6 )
- Importance of Vitamin A During a Workout ( 5 of 6 )
- Importance of Vitamin B During a Workout ( 4 of 6 )
- Importance of Vitamin C During a Workout ( 3 of 6 )
- Importance of Vitamin D During a Workout ( 2 of 6 )
- Importance of Vitamins during a Workout ( 1 of 6 )
- Heart Disease #1 Cause of Death in the USA. Are You At Risk? (part 3 of 3)
- Heart Disease #1 Cause of Death in the USA. Are You At Risk? (part 2 of 3)
- Heart Disease #1 Cause of Death in the USA. Are You At Risk? (part 1 of 3)
physical training Diet and Nutrition health diabetes weight management vitamins physical therapy hydration strength training