One 30 Fitness Blog
Heart Disease is the number one cause of death in the United States. according to the center for disease control, every 25 seconds, an American has a coronary event and about every one minute will die from one. The good news is that coronary heart disease can be reduced by taking preventative measures. If you know the signs and symptoms of heart attacks, a more positive outcome is possible.
Risk factors associated with heart disease include high cholesterol, high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes, tobacco use, unhealthy diet and physical activity. A recent report by The Institute of medicine shows even brief exposure to second hand smoke can trigger a heart attack. You can visit the American Heart Association's website at www.heart.org to find out more information.
One of the best ways to fight heart disease is to have a healthy diet and lifestyle.
Staying healthy and creating new eating habits that will help you with your weight loss can be easier than you think. Start by using any of these easy and FREE websites.
Fitday gives you a free online journal to start tracking your foods, exercises, weight loss, and goals. Join over 2 Million FitDay members using their site to take control of their diet and lose weight.
- Completely Free
- Track your Foods, Exercises, Weight and Goals
- View your Calories, Nutrition, Weight Loss and more
CalorieKing has tons of success stories and offers weight management information. Quit dieting and lose weight permanently. CalorieKing will bring you step-by-step through the stages of weight loss and show you how to control your weight for a lifetime.
It's all about you. Your schedule, your goals, your program.
- Build and follow a realistic, achievable plan that's based on your body-type, lifestyle and goals
- Use interactive tools, like the drag-and-drop Food & Exercise Diary that incorporates our complete industry-leading Food Database and library of Healthy Recipes
- Learn how to plan meals using sample meal plans that fit your calorie goals
- Be inspired, informed and guided by easy-to-use interactive features and tutorials
- Get involved in an active online community that's ready to welcome you with friendship, support and motivation.
- Choose your cheat - instead of going crazy and having wine, pasta, bread, and dessert, just pick one!
- Limit high fat items - party food is usually high in fat since there is always something that contains mayo or sour cream. By avoiding the high fat items, you will keep your calories in check for the day.
- Watch your portions - Go for smaller portions and take more if you are still hungry. Consider sharing a meal if the portions are large.
- Limit your alcohol and caffeine intake. Many of the holiday drinks have "empty calories", calories that don't fill you up. In fact, some margaritas have almost 700 calories in one serving. Try a dry wine, bloody mary or something with a diet mixer to keep the calories down. You can always enjoy a glass a sparkling water with a lemon or lime in between your cocktails to keep the calorie count down as well.
- Drink plenty of water since alcohol and coffee can dehydrate your body.
- Remember...everything in moderation!
Of course all these tips and a one 30 minute workout per week will have coasting worry free through the holidays. Call us at (281) 419-3900 or email us today to experience effective personal training.
- What is the Importance of Strength Training?
- Importance of Vitamins During a Workout ( 6 of 6 )
- Importance of Vitamin A During a Workout ( 5 of 6 )
- Importance of Vitamin B During a Workout ( 4 of 6 )
- Importance of Vitamin C During a Workout ( 3 of 6 )
- Importance of Vitamin D During a Workout ( 2 of 6 )
- Importance of Vitamins during a Workout ( 1 of 6 )
- Heart Disease #1 Cause of Death in the USA. Are You At Risk? (part 3 of 3)
- Heart Disease #1 Cause of Death in the USA. Are You At Risk? (part 2 of 3)
- Heart Disease #1 Cause of Death in the USA. Are You At Risk? (part 1 of 3)